2 Posts In 1: Two Days In NJ With A Sunburn! (NJ) “DAYS 339 & 340” – 6/8/11, 6/9/11

June 9, 2011 - 4:15 pm - (CT-NJ) “DAY 339” - Week 49 - State 46

When I got up today I decided to leave Connecticut and head back to NJ so I could regroup for a day or two. (I wrote all about this in yesterday’s post.)  So, by the time the afternoon rolled around I was back in NJ at my Mom’s house.

A Day At Home
I can’t begin to tell you how good it feels to have a place to lay my head, a place where I can eat, and in this case... a place to get my sun burned body rested and out of the heat! (I am in some serious pain today.) 🙁

So, other than those things, all I did today was sit at home and get some writing done while talking with my Mom.  There really isn’t anything else to write because that was the extent of my day.

Donations Come In!  Thank You!
During the course of the day I received two different $100 donations through Paypal.  Both donations were from non family members and one them was from a friend I haven’t hung out with in more than 15 years.  Unreal! 🙂

It’s truly an amazing feeling when people reach out to help for no reason other than they want to help you!  It’s humbling, overwhelming, and truly one of the things from the journey that I’ll never forget.  Thank you both so some much!  And also a thank you to everybody who has helped out. 🙂

My Current Situation
With the donations I just received I’m now back to $200.  Woo hoo!  I know I will need more money than that to make it the whole way considering I still don’t have anywhere to stay for the next 11 days, but it’s a great start and enough money to get back into the swing of things.

So, come tomorrow (Friday) or possibly Saturday, I will be back on the road to try and complete the last few weeks of my journey.  I’m excited to get back out there and make whatever happen I can to finish this crazy adventure with a Bang!  Thank you all for your support!

Thanks for reading!

June 10, 2011 - 2:00 am - (NJ) “DAY 340” - Week 49 - State 46

I can honestly start by saying that I didn’t want to have to return to New Jersey before my scheduled date (11 days from now), but given my current situation I know I made the choice. (I was dead broke and sunburn to the max!)

Not to mention, I hadn’t had a real good night of sleep in a long time and I haven’t been eating that much.  And when I have ate, the food hasn’t been all that good for me. (Mostly $1 menu junk for the last month or so.)

So, stopping home for a pit stop to regroup and take care of my badly burnt fat was much needed in order to continue this trip even if it meant detouring a little in order to get it done.

More Donations Come In
Sometimes when your down and out in life it’s the unexpected moments that you can’t predict that can pull you out of a dark hole.  In my case, I’m referring to the people that I could not have predicted that have stepped and donated to me in order for me to make it the last 20+ days of my year long journey.

Yesterday it was two different friends (who have never met each other) from different sides of the United States (AZ and NJ).  And today it was two more people that I truly never expected to donate.

The first of the two I received a donation from was a friend of mine from the college (Kean) I just graduated from. (It was sent through Paypal for $50.)  Thank you so much!  You know who you are and when I got the email telling me who it was from, it shocked me and inspired me all at the same time.  Thank you! 🙂

F.Y.I. - Before I even seen the amount I was fired up by the gesture in and of itself.  It could have been $1 and I would have been just as happy!  People are amazing! 🙂

The other donation I received was for $40 and I was asked not to mention who it was from.  All I’ll say is that it is much needed and thank you for helping me. 🙂

My Thursday In NJ
For the second start day I didn’t to much because I’m still so sun burned and it’s real hot.  So, since I didn’t want to do anything outside i just sat around for most of the day relaxing while getting so things accomplished.

Getting Lunch With The Monkey
I didn’t do much but one thing I did do was go to lunch with my oldest friend Monkey. (I’ve known the Monkey for most of my life.)  Anyway, he called me and told me he’d buy me lunch so I met him at the American Legion to get some food from our other best friend (Moose) who runs the kitchen there.

F.Y.I. - If anybody in northern NJ needs any parties catered this summer or beyond (BBQ, functions, etc...) send me a message and I’ll give you my buddies number who runs the kitchen.  Trust me... his food is the best and the price is right!

Going To See My Niece Play Softball
After having lunch I took a much needed nap and then left my Mom’s place to go watch my niece play softball. (She’s 10 years old.)  This will be real cool for me because I haven’t seen my nieces (Sophie and Olivia), nephew (Matt), or my brother and his wife (Adam and Sandy) in almost a year now.  Not to mention, my Dad with be there too.  Perfect! 🙂

F.Y.I. - I didn’t tell my brother I was coming to the game so he and his kids should be surprised when they see me.  I planned this though my Dad who was going to the game.

Arriving At The Field
I got to the field at 6 pm and met my father in the parking lot. (He got there just before me.)  After saying hello and catching up for second, we walked to the field where the game was gonna be played.

The game started at 6:15 pm but my brother wasn’t there yet because he was driving there from work.  So, my Dad and I hung out with wife Sandy (his wife) while we watched Sophia warm up on the field. (My other niece and nephew didn’t come because it was so hot today.) 🙁

My Brother Arrives
Just before the game started, my brother (who is also a coach of the team) made in time for the first pitch. (He was surprised and happy to see me.)  So, while the game was being played my Dad and I watched as we also chatted with my brother through the fence. (Hey, he was the coach and that’s where he was.) 😉

Watching Sophia
The game only lasted a few innings because a nasty storm rolled in, but while it lasted Sophia got two at bats and pitched a half of inning. (That’s when the rain started.)  By the way, her second AB she hit a serious line drive to the OF.  It was the best hit all game by anybody.  Nice job Sophia!

Leaving The Field
After the game got called, I said good-bye to my Dad, brother, and Sophia then headed back to my Mom’s place for the rest of the night.  I could have gone to a few places but I’m still badly burned and need to relax before I head back out for the remaining days of my trip.

Writing After Midnight
When I got back to my Mom’s I fell asleep on the couch and didn’t wake up until after midnight.  Then, when I got up I started writing everything i just wrote for you to read.

So, it’s currently 5 am on Friday morning and when I re-wake in a few hours, I’ll decide if I leave Rhode Island today or Saturday morning.  It will probably be today but who knows how I’ll feel when I get up around noon.

Thanks for reading!


Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Dad says:

    It was great seeing you last night.Sophia got a real surprise and so did Sandra when we first arrived.
    Sorry we missed Olivia and Matt.Sophia and the Cubs have gotten better all season. You caught them on a good night but the weather ended it early. Sophia’s line drive hit was sweet.
    Considering how bad your back looks, I’d give it another day before hitting the road.
    See you in a few weeks.

Leave a Reply

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a Gravatar.

  • #305 (no title)
  • Beat The Rooster
  • Casino Review
  • Donationship
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • matches
  • On The Road
  • player predictions
  • Poker
  • prediction sheet
  • ranking
  • Rooster’s Road Pic’s
  • rules
  • statistics
  • Tell Your Rooster Stories
  • The Challenge
  • The Master Plan
  • The Trip
  • Forum
  • About Me
  • favorite
  • Poker Stories
  • Road Stories
  • Rooster History
  • The Trip
  • Video
  • Your Rooster Stories
  • 2011
  • 2010