New Year’s Eve! Charity Work and A Party! (KS) “DAY 180” – 12/31/10

January 2, 2010 - 7:21 pm - (KS)  “DAY 180” - Week 26 - State 24

I woke up this morning on New Year’s Eve day and didn’t know what I wanted to do.  Do I stay in Topeka or do I leave for Kansas City, Missouri (my next week) and cut Kansas  a few days short? Huh?  What to do....

I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do but I knew what I had to do... I had to start writing!  So from 9 am until 12:30 pm, I just wrote in my Motel 6 room (where I left my pillow, AHHH! :().

When 12:30 pm arrived, it was already past my late check out, so I packed up and left.  Oh yeah, while I was writing, I called a local charity organization and left a message to see if I could do some volunteer work before the New Year kicked in.  (I had low expectation to get called back.)

Deciding What To Do While Sitting In My Car
Last night happened to be the coldest night of my trip, so when I got to my car this afternoon, it was covered in frost and freezing cold. Burrrr!  I didn’t mind because I didn’t know where I going yet and it gave me time to weigh my option.

I knew Kansas City was an option but I was in Topeka, so I wanted to see what was going on here first.  With that mind set, I called Ryan (guy who I went out with Wednesday night) and asked what he was up to for the evening.

Ryan was cool as can be and told me he wasn’t sure yet but, I was more than invited to do whatever he was doing later.  He then told me he would see what was up and call me back in and hour two.  Cool!

Sports Clips, Chili’s & BW3
Since it was only 1 pm, I had nowhere to stay, and Kansas City was only an 1 hour away, I decided to hang around Topeka for a little bit and see what transpires.  I still needed to write and I was hungry, so I went to Chili’s for lunch. (GC’s). 🙂

On my way to Chili’s, I stopped at Sports Clips to say hello/good-bye and Happy New Year to the girls who cut my hair yesterday (Tiana and Tara).  (I told them I would stop by before I left town and since I may be leaving soon, I got it in now.)

I stayed at Chili’s for the amount of time it took me to eat (wrote while I waited for food), but after that, I left Chili’s and went to BW3.  I did this because Chili’s doesn’t have Wi-Fi and BW3 is a sports bar (all the college bowl games are on). 🙂

It was around 3 pm when I finally put up the post I had been writing all day (“DAY 179”).  Well... it was shit or get off the pot time, so I went to my car to leave for Kansas City (hadn’t heard from Ryan yet) when I got a call from an unknown number.

Charity Work
I answered the phone and it was the Topeka Rescue Mission returning my call from earlier in the day.  The lady on the phone told me that an opening for tonight’s dinner shift opened up and it started at 4:45 pm and lasted until 7 pm.  Could I make it?

With nothing planned yet and wanting to help out, I immediately jumped at the opportunity to lend a hand and said I’d be there at 4:45 pm. 🙂

F.Y.I. -
This was a no-brainer to me, I feel great after I do volunteer work and I couldn’t think of a better way to end the year.  (Giving back is the way to go because it always seems to come back to me 10 fold!) 🙂

Also, I didn’t have any plans yet or a place to stay so I had nowhere to go anyway.  And, if I still wanted to go to KC, that would still work out great because it’s only an hour away and I’ll be done by 7 pm. (I can still be in KC by 8:30 pm the latest which still gives me over 3 to party before the New Year arrives!) 🙂

Topeka Rescue Mission
From where I was in Topeka, it was only 10 minutes to the Rescue Mission so I arrived on time ready to help out.  When I got there, the first thing I had to do was sign in and after that, I was immediately shown to the kitchen where I would help serve dinner for the evening.

F.Y.I. - From what I could tell, the Topeka Rescue Mission not only serves food to anybody who shows up and is hungry, but they also house a number of men and women who are down on their luck and need a helping hand. 🙂

Anyway, when I got to the kitchen, the first person I met was Carl (he was in charge).  Carl was an awesome guy with a great personality.  He also had the compassion necessary to run a great soup kitchen (for lack of a better term).

I say that because the way this place works is... nobody gets turned away hungry regardless if they show up early, late, or what have you. (This is refreshing to see because at many places I have helped out, they will turn people away hungry if they are late.) 🙁

My Job For The Evening
After getting settled in, my job for the day was to make all the sandwiches for the dinner shift.  (For dinner tonight, they were having tuna sandwiches, vegetables, salad, and dessert.)  I don’t like tuna and I HATE MAYO but everybody there seemed to enjoy the food.

My time working the line went by really fast for a few reasons; 1.) I served 397 meals which means I made 397 tuna sandwiches (the trays were counted so they know how many meals they serve).

2.) The people I worked with were awesome!  3.) The individuals I served were grateful and in good spirits because it’s the New Year, a time for new beginnings!  🙂  I wish everybody here the best of luck in 2011!

Like I said, the kitchen was ran real well as everybody there was able to eat first’s and second’s (if they wanted to).  For that, I have to give a shout to Carl again, as well as to Cornell who made sure there was always more food ready to serve.  Both of them did it with a smile the whole time! 🙂

As my shift was coming to an end and I was gonna have to figure out what I wanted to do, I looked down and noticed I received 2 text messages while I was working.

I checked them and one was from Ryan seeing where I was at and telling me there was a party for us to go to.  The other was from Tara (hot blonde I met the other night) seeing what I was up to for the evening.  Nice!  I’m staying in Topeka, problem solved!

Talking With Tara While Meeting Up With Ryan - Texas RoadHouse
It was 7 pm now and I knew what I was doing (kinda), so it was time to start my New Year’s celebration!  Ryan had a party for us to attend but before that, he was going to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner and to meet up with a few friends.

I had already eaten dinner, so when I got to the Steakhouse, I introduced myself to Ryan’s friends and then left them alone while they had dinner.  During that time, I was on the phone with Tara trying to make plans and I went to the store to get a bottle of Rumplemintz for the party later.

Trying to make plans with Tara was like pulling teeth!  It was something she wanted to do but just couldn’t pull the trigger.  I stayed on the phone with her for over an hour before she decided to meet Ryan and I out for a drink.  Ahhh!  It was an effort! 😉

Meeting Tara At Chili’s - 9 pm
Before Ryan and I left to meet Tara for a New Year’s drink at Chili’s, Ryan told me I could crash at his house for the night since I had nowhere I to stay.  Ryan is so cool!  Thank you so much big man!  (I dropped my things and car off at his house before we met Tara.)

We arrived at Chili’s at the same time Tara did. (I know that because we ended up parking right next to each other.)  Now, the plan was to have a few drinks with Tara and then head to a party (10 miles away) after Tara decides she’s comfortable enough to leave with 2 guys she doesn’t know. (This will be tough!) 😉

The three of us did have a real good time for the hour we hung out together but when it was all said and done... Tara decided she didn’t want to drive her car down a gravel road to get to a house party where she didn’t know anybody except for the two guys she just met.  I understand. 😉

But... I do know she had a good time because when she left, I got my New Year’s kiss from a hot blonde girl named... Tara! 🙂 (Also, I’m in KC right now writing and I think she’s gonna come out here to visit me  this week.) 🙂

New Year’s Eve Party
It was 10 pm, so Ryan and I headed down to a backwoods New Year’s Eve party somewhere in Kansas!  Ca-coo! (Inside joke, Brian and Ryan say that a lot when their drinking and it’s funny! :))

After driving through the Mid-America’s finest gravel roads, we arrived at the party.  Now, I didn’t know this but if you take a bunch of sparklers and tie them together... you have a the equivalence of an M-80 or bigger.  I found this out as soon as we arrived to the party and Ryan blew one off!  It was loud as hell!

When Ryan was done blowing up part of the countryside, we entered the party ready to get our drink on!  Now, I didn’t anybody at the party except for Ryan (obviously), his friend Jake (met him Wednesday at Wild Horse Saloon), and Andrea (met her there too).

Meeting The Party
Through the three people I already knew, I was introduced to everybody at the party and there wasn’t person there that wasn’t cool with me. (I was known as Jersey for the night.)  Kansas people kick ass!

For most of the night, I hung out with Andrea and her friend Skye (well, Ryan too).  Skye was a awesome girl who was the most country tough girl you could ever meet (especially while still being hot).  She dipped, fought, worked construction, and somehow was still very sexy! 🙂

Anyway, during the course of the evening I got wasted (as well as most of the party) and wound up on the couch with a bunch of people who were crashing out for the night.  (nobody was driving home until the morning.) 🙂

Couch - Late Night
On the couch in the corner Ryan, lying right next him was Andrea, lying on top of her was Skye, and holding Skye’s long sexy braid while spanking her ass was me still enjoying the New Year’s celebration! 😉  Like I said, it was good time!

This didn’t turn into the Roman Orgy many of you would have hoped 😉 as we were all just messing around having a good old time.  Anyway, around 4 am everybody crashed out wherever they wound up and Ryan and I didn’t leave until 7 am (after a 3 hour nap).

Oh yeah, as we were falling asleep, one of Ryan’s friend’s (Mark) fell asleep on the couch next to all of us but before he crashed out he was hysterical as he was saying all kinds of crazy stuff and wondering how a guy from NJ is sleeping next to him. LOL  I was wondering the same thing my man! 😉

Leaving The Party - Breakfast (7 am)
The living room we were sleeping in was so hot from the stove that kept it warm, that everybody in there woke up sweating after just a few hours of sleep.  Since we were up and about, Ryan and I left to head back to his house.

Since we were up and hungry, we stopped at Patty's Heartland Cafe for breakfast.  I wanted to eat a lot so bad but I was in between hungover and drunk, so I only ordered a small portion of french toast.

Ironically enough, the table we sat at had a bunch of Rooster stuff on the wall behind us and it was by chance because it was only table with Rooster stuff around it.  Funny shit! 🙂

Anyway, after paying the bill (Ryan bought my breakfast, Thank you bro!), we finally we were on our way to his house to get some real sleep.

Ryan’s House
After playing with his dog Ollie for a little bit (I miss my dog Max), I crashed out on his couch already knowing when I wake up later... I’m gonna feel like walking death!  Ahh!  Hangovers suck! 🙁

Thanks for reading!


Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. TARA(SportClips) says:

    Very good! Can’t wait to read the rest!

Leave a Reply

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a Gravatar.

  • #305 (no title)
  • Beat The Rooster
  • Casino Review
  • Donationship
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • matches
  • On The Road
  • player predictions
  • Poker
  • prediction sheet
  • ranking
  • Rooster’s Road Pic’s
  • rules
  • statistics
  • Tell Your Rooster Stories
  • The Challenge
  • The Master Plan
  • The Trip
  • Forum
  • About Me
  • favorite
  • Poker Stories
  • Road Stories
  • Rooster History
  • The Trip
  • Video
  • Your Rooster Stories
  • 2011
  • 2010